The Atlanta Dream have taken a 2-1 lead in their best-of-five WNBA semifinal series against the Washington Mystics. On the other side of the playoff bracket, the Phoenix Mercury will have a chance to tie their series with the Seattle Storm at 2-2 with a win at home on Sunday.
Star forward Elena Delle Donne (knee) did not play in Game 3 for the Mystics. Phoenix was down a starter as well, as the team revealed in its Friday injury report that Stephanie Talbot would not play due to a concussion.
Lindsay Gibbs and Alex Simon joined host Ben Dull on the latest episode of the Locked On Women’s Basketball Podcast to discuss both series, beginning with Mystics-Dream:
- the impact of Delle Donne’s absence
- how Washington tried to get it done offensively, and what may look different in Game 4
- LaToya Sanders impacting the game as a shot-blocking presence around the basket
- the struggles of Natasha Cloud and Kristi Toliver
- Aerial Powers seeing extended minutes in Delle Donne’s absence
More from High Post Hoops
- Bet $5 on Sparks vs. Sky, Win $150 Instantly with Limited-Time DraftKings Promo
- Cash in for Over $2,000 With WNBA Promo Bonuses from FanDuel & Caesars
- FanDuel WNBA Promo Code Gives You $2,500 Bonus for ANY Game Tonight!
- Unlock $200 GUARANTEED With Crazy DraftKings WNBA Promo
- Unlock Over $4,500 Bonus With 3 Best WNBA Sportsbook Promos!
Both road teams — Atlanta and Seattle — will have an opportunity to close out their respective series on the road on Sunday. Discussed and detailed in part two on Mercury-Storm:
- Seattle’s offensive struggles
- Yvonne Turner’s impact with the starting group after replacing Talbot in the lineup
- Sami Whitcomb and Jordin Canada sparking the Storm off the bench
- Natasha Howard finding easy lanes to roll to the basket in pick and roll
- ripple effects of the Storm not getting to the free throw line
- Phoenix gutting one out without getting a huge scoring performance from Diana Taurasi
Semifinal action continues Sunday on ESPN2 beginning at 3 PM ET with Dream-Mystics. Storm-Mercury will follow at about 5 PM ET.