UConn put any talk about whether it deserved that top overall seed (was there really talk about this outside of Starkville?) to rest this week. With a record-setting blowout over Wichita State and a double-digit win over Louisville, the Huskies will be the No. 1 overall team going into the NCAA Tournament, barring disaster. It doesn’t matter who Mississippi State beats from here.
More from High Post Hoops
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, August 11: Commissioner’s Cup battle goes down on Thursday
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, August 6: Serbians no match for USA inside
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, August 4: Team USA gets revenge against Australia
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, July 30: Belgium and Japan produce strong performances
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, July 28: Team USA wins 3X3 basketball gold
Of course which team is 1 overall and which team is 2 is meaningless. The Huskies and Bulldogs will be set on opposite sides anyway, making possible a championship game that doubles as a rematch of last year’s instant classic.
You can view the full bracket here, or go to the next slide for a full breakdown.