Four hours before the Chicago Sky were set to host the New York Liberty, the club announced that forwards Cheyenne Parker and Keisha Hampton would not be available. Nearly three hours later, Hampton was cleared and Imani Boyette was listed inactive with an ankle injury.
Boyette has started four games in 22 appearances for Chicago. She is averaging 4.6 points and 4.4 rebounds per game for the Sky. She tallied 12 points and two blocked shots in a thrilling 82-80 win over the Los Angeles Sparks. Boyette also missed Friday’s game against the Phoenix Mercury
More from High Post Hoops
- WNBA bubble life: Players chronicle time at IMG Academy complex on social media
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, July 13: WNBA schedule released
- We’re talking about practice! WNBA players, teams finally hit floor (social reaction)
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, July 10: Ivy League cancels sports in 2020
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, July 9: Lynx maintain positive attitude
Hampton is averaging 3.5 points per game in her first season with Chicago. The DePaul alumna posted a career high 14 points in the 94-83 win over the Seattle Storm. Parker is averaging 3.8 points and 3.4 rebounds per game in 20 appearances for Chicago. She misses the matchup against the Liberty with a right ankle sprain. Parker brought down a career high seven rebounds in the 90-84 win over the Dallas Wings on July 12.
Chicago earned a 78-68 victory in the first of three games against the Liberty. Chicago dropped their last two games. New York has split a pair of one-point games on the road against Minnesota and Indiana. The Liberty look to gain another road win and remain in the top eight teams in the league. Chicago is looking to rekindle the spark that led to a 5-1 record going into the All-Star break.
The action from Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL at 6:00 pm ET, 5 pm local time.
- The Chicago Sky announced at 5:54 pm that Keisha Hampton would not play in the game against New York
- The Minnesota Lynx announced Seimone Augustus was excused from Sunday’s game against Seattle for personal reasons
- The Seattle Storm listed Ramu Tokashiki (right quad bruise) is out at Minnesota after an injury sustained against Atlanta on Friday.