The San Antonio Stars will remain without Kayla McBride on Thursday when they host the Indiana Fever, the team has announced.
The game will tip off at 8 p.m. ET and stream live on Twitter.
McBride suffered a left ankle injury during the fourth quarter of the Stars’ game on Sunday against the Connecticut Sun and did not play Tuesday against the Atlanta Dream.
More from High Post Hoops
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, October 21: Former Texas Tech coach Stollings files lawsuit
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, October 20: College preseason and WNBA pre-preseason news
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, October 19: NCAA shakes up schedules, not scholarships
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, October 16: Scheduling during a pandemic
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, October 15: Brian Agler out the door in Dallas
In her fourth WNBA season, McBride is having arguably the best year of her career. Though her per-game scoring numbers are down slightly from last season, she is playing more minutes than ever and averaging highs in steals, assists, and rebounds per game, and her shooting percentages are up across the board.
Prior to her injury, McBride had built up a streak of 15 double-digit scoring games in her last 17 tries. She had 14 points against the Sun before her game was cut short.
With McBride out, the Stars have an opportunity to experiment with Kelsey Plum and Moriah Jefferson playing more minutes alongside each other. The backcourt duo consists of the two most talented players on the roster, though the team has struggled to integrate everybody seamlessly into the offense.
After Thursday night’s game, the Stars are off until after the WNBA All-Star Game, giving McBride plenty more time to rest her ankle. San Antonio will return to the court on Tuesday for a morning game against the Washington Mystics.