Another big fish in the transfer sea
Ohio State freshman guard Kierstan Bell will enter the transfer portal, she announced Wednesday. The former five-star recruit took to Twitter to break the news, posting a message to her teammates, coaches and others at the university.
Bell was the eighth-ranked recruit in the class of 2019, according to ESPN’s HoopGurlz, and the Buckeyes’ highest in what finished to be the fourth-ranked class in the country.
More from Big Ten Conference
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, October 15: Brian Agler out the door in Dallas
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, July 29: WNBA Ratings Spike 20%
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, July 20: Mystics’ Tina Charles to miss season
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, July 15: It’s Breanna Stewart time
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, July 2: Maya Moore helps overturn wrongful conviction
She made an immediate impact in the Ohio State lineup, starting ten games during the 2019-20 season and finishing as the team’s second and third-leading scorer and rebounder, respectively, at 10.9 points and 4.4 rebounds per game. She was awarded Honorable Mention All-Big Ten and named to the Big Ten All-Freshman Team.
Bell helped the Buckeyes finish in a tie for fifth in the Big Ten standings and advance to the conference tournament championship game, where they fell to No. 1 seed Maryland.
Luckily for Ohio State, they return leading scorer Dorka Juhász who averaged 13.2 points per game this season. In addition, the Buckeyes welcome another five-star recruit to Columbus next year in Kateri Poole, a 5’8″ guard from New York.
Love our 24/7 women’s basketball coverage? Join our Patreon now and support this work, while getting extra goodies and subscriber-only content for yourself.