Határ overtakes Han Xu as the tallest player in the league
The Indiana Fever have signed Hungarian center Bernadett Határ as a free agent, the team announced Wednesday. High Post Hoops has learned it is a training camp contract, worth $57,000 if she makes the team.
More from Indiana Fever
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, October 12: Sabrina Ionescu is ready to ball
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, September 10: Dream are (mathematically) stayin’ alive
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, September 3: Courtney Vandersloot, GOAT chaser?
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, August 31: WNBA players return to the court, keep speaking out
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, August 24: The Seattle Storm look vulnerable
The move increases the number of Fever players currently under contract to 14, and pushes their current commitments north of $1.1 million. Of course, very few of those contracts are guaranteed, which will allow them to get down to the max of 12 total. $1.3 million is the new salary cap.
The 25-year-old spent the last five seasons playing in the EuroLeague A Division for Sopron Basket. This year, she is shooting 64.8% from the field, averaging 9 points, 5 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game.
Határ is also currently playing alongside her future teammate, Indiana forward Candice Dupree, in Hungary.
With this move, the Fever now have the tallest player in the WNBA. Han Xu, at 6’9” is the league’s next tallest player, and Brittney Griner and Liz Cambage are also in the mix at 6’8. The Fever’s second-tallest player on the roster is Teira McCowan at 6’7.
Love our 24/7 women’s basketball coverage? Join our Patreon now and support this work, while getting extra goodies and subscriber-only content for yourself.