2020 WNBA free agency is upon us
In the latest episode of the Locked on Women’s Basketball WNBA Podcast, Howard Megdal Natalie Heavren and Ben Dull convene for part two of our three-part 2020 WNBA free agency preview.
Topics discussed include:
- the unrestricted free agency of Angel McCoughtry and searching for potential suitors
- free agency outlooks for the Connecticut Sun and Chicago Sky
- can Curt Miller and the Sun find a way to keep their rotation together? Which reserve would we prioritize? How might the No. 10 and No. 11 overall picks figure into their planning here in February?
- James Wade and the Sky face similar cap concerns looking to run it back. What might another team see in restricted free agents Astou Ndour and Kahleah Copper?
- part 3 will follow later this weekend
Howard Megdal has compiled an official WNBA salary database (which you can access
) in our free agency tracker, which will be updated with links throughout the offseason from our team of writers and their all-encompassing free agency coverage.
In related news on the free agency front, we had the story earlier today on unrestricted free agent Sue Bird‘s plans to return to the Seattle Storm with comments from Bird, Diana Taurasi and Breanna Stewart.
You can subscribe to the Locked on Women’s Basketball Podcast on your podcast player of choice for more in-depth coverage throughout the offseason. Recent guests include new Indiana Fever head coach Marianne Stanley and Skylar Diggins-Smith.
In case you missed it, here’s part one of our free agency preview:
In part one of our 2020 WNBA free agency preview podcast: Aces and Sparks outlooks and potential destinations for DeWanna Bonner and Skylar Diggins-Smith.
Love our 24/7 women’s basketball coverage? Join our Patreon now and support this work, while getting extra goodies and subscriber-only content for yourself.