Discussing South Carolina’s win at Maryland and some NCAAW teams/prospects to watch
In the latest episode of the Locked on Women’s Basketball Podcast, host Ben Dull is joined by Eric Nemchock of Swish Appeal to break down one of the big nonconference clashes from the first full weekend of the 2019-20 women’s college basketball season.
Topics discussed in the episode include:
- No. 8-ranked South Carolina’s 63-54 win on the road over No. 4 Maryland
- Aliyah Boston’s dominance (15 points, seven rebounds, five blocked shots) inside
- a rough shooting night for Kaila Charles (5-of-18 shooting)
- early impressions of some of the key freshmen (Zia Cooke, Diamond Miller, Ashley Owusu) for both teams
- Taylor Mikesell and Shakira Austin spending most of the fourth quarter on the bench
- running through five of the teams we’re most interested to see this season
- some 2020 WNBA Draft talk, including Oregon forward/center Ruthy Hebard, Texas forward Joyner Holmes, South Carolina point guard Ty Harris and Baylor guard Te’a Cooper
You can subscribe to the Locked on Women’s Basketball Podcast on your podcast player of choice for more in-depth coverage throughout the season.
Love our 24/7 women’s basketball coverage? Join our Patreon now and support this work, while getting extra goodies and subscriber-only content for yourself.