Tons of talent and a wide-open conference
More from 2019-20 Season Previews
- 2019-20 Big East preview: DePaul still on top, Seton Hall rises
- 2019 Atlantic 10 preview: Team-by-team breakdown
- ACC: News and notes on every women’s basketball team for 2019-20 season
- 2019-20 SEC women’s basketball preview: Title should come down to South Carolina and Texas A&M
- 2019-2020 Patriot League preview: Can Bucknell hold onto the top spot?
The 2019-20 college basketball season is nearly here, and we’ll be putting out previews of each conference here at High Post Hoops in anticipation. The Big West Conference may not be highly recognized nationally, but there is still a wealth of talent there.
UC Davis was the conference champion last season, and thus earning an automatic bid to the NCAAW Tournament. In the past five years, the conference has produced four different champions, and going back 10 years, only Cal State Northridge has won back to back tournament titles (2014 and 2015).
With Davis losing several key starters from last season, it’s highly likely that the Big West will see yet another team rise up and lay claim to the conference’s March Madness bid. With the season opener less than a month away, here’s a look at each team and how they might fare this year.