Checking in with the Fever near the midway point
In the latest episode of the Locked on Women’s Basketball WNBA Podcast, host Ben Dull is joined by Keith Geswein to discuss the Indiana Fever near the midway point of the 2019 season.
Topics discussed in the episode include:
- Erica Wheeler and Candice Dupree earning All-Star nods
- Teaira McCowan’s rookie season
- Fever both limiting opponent attempts at the rim and holding them to a lower percentage than last season
- Kelsey Mitchell’s progress in year two and toggling between playing on- and off-ball
- Betnijah Laney starting on the wing
- Natalie Achonwa mentoring McCowan and completing their three-big rotation, sometimes starting and sometimes coming off the bench
- what needs to happen for the Fever to put a halt to the current losing skid and keep in contact with the teams vying for the final playoff spots
The Fever, 6-13, have lost eight of their last nine games. They have two road games (at Chicago, at Phoenix) remaining before the All-Star break.
The All-Star draft will be aired this Tuesday ahead of ESPN2’s broadcast of a game between the Seattle Storm and Las Vegas Aces.
The Locked On Women’s Basketball Podcast also produced team-by-team season previews with local experts, which can be found all in one place.
You can subscribe to the Locked on Women’s Basketball Podcast on your podcast player of choice for more in-depth coverage throughout the season.
Love our 24/7 women’s basketball coverage? Join our Patreon now and support this work, while getting extra goodies and subscriber-only content for yourself.