State of the Sun near the midway point
In the latest episode of the Locked on Women’s Basketball WNBA Podcast, host Ben Dull is joined by Molly Yanity of The Athletic WNBA for a midseason check-in on the Connecticut Sun.
Topics discussed in the episode include:
- their 9-1 start
- the five-game losing streak
- Layshia Clarendon‘s injury
- All-Stars Jonquel Jones and Alyssa Thomas
- relative shooting struggles of Jones, Jasmine Thomas and Courtney Williams and why they’re due for a scoring uptick
- searching for answers from the bench, including the battle for playing time between Brionna Jones and Kristine Anigwe
- Natisha Hiedeman re-joining the team after being one of the final cuts before the start of the season and how Clarendon’s absence affects their flexibility
- the solid two-way play of Bria Holmes off the bench and how Morgan Tuck can make more of an impact coming off a solid 2018 campaign
You can subscribe to the Locked on Women’s Basketball Podcast on your podcast player of choice for more in-depth coverage throughout the season.
Love our 24/7 women’s basketball coverage? Join our Patreon now and support this work, while getting extra goodies and subscriber-only content for yourself.