Lynx cruise past Mercury; Aces get by Mystics; Coates, Carleton waived
In the latest episode of the Locked on Women’s Basketball WNBA Podcast, host Ben Dull is joined by Eric Nemchock of Swish Appeal to break down Mercury at Lynx and Aces at Mystics from the weekend then discuss two recent roster moves—Minnesota waiving Alaina Coates and Connecticut waiving Bridget Carleton.
Topics discussed in the episode include:
- Mercury rebounding concerns
- evaluating the Phoenix offense without Diana Taurasi
- Temi Fagbenle rejoining the Lynx, playing with and behind Sylvia Fowles
- Steph Talbot facing off with her former team
- the Aces prevailing with a win over Washington without Elena Delle Donne
- a big night for Sydney Colson off the bench
- Natasha Cloud’s continued improvement and aggressiveness as a shooter
- Minnesota waiving Alaina Coates and what the former No. 2 overall pick can look to add to her game
- Connecticut bringing back Natisha Hiedeman, waiving Bridget Carleton and weighing the many factors that went into building the back end of the Sun’s 2019 bench
You can subscribe to the Locked on Women’s Basketball Podcast on your podcast player of choice for more in-depth coverage throughout the season.
Love our 24/7 women’s basketball coverage? Join our Patreon now and support this work, while getting extra goodies and subscriber-only content for yourself.