No Taurasi yet, Mitchell drops 22
In the latest episode of the Locked On Women’s Basketball WNBA Podcast, host Ben Dull is joined by Brendon Kleen of High Post Hoops to break down Sunday’s game between the Los Angeles Sparks and the Phoenix Mercury.
Topics discussed in the episode include:
- Leilani Mitchell’s strong point guard play to steady the ship offensively
- a rough shooting night for L.A.’s big three
- Sophie Cunningham (back) rejoining the rotation
- Tierra Ruffin-Pratt’s foul trouble and hot shooting start for L.A.
- Mitchell and DeWanna Bonner hitting key 3-pointers in the fourth quarter after the Sparks had chipped away
- the perceived depth of the Mercury heading into the season in contrast to how things have played out thus far
- the importance of the upcoming four-game stretch before key showdowns on the road against the Connecticut Sun and Washington Mystics—the two early leaders in the clubhouse to separate and seize control of the ever-important top-two playoff seeds
The Locked On Women’s Basketball Podcast also produced team-by-team season previews with local experts, which can be found
You can subscribe to the Locked on Women’s Basketball Podcast on your podcast player of choice for more in-depth coverage throughout the season.
Love our 24/7 women’s basketball coverage? Join our Patreon now and support this work, while getting extra goodies and subscriber-only content for yourself.