Mystics spoil CP3’s ’19 debut
In the latest episode of the Locked On Women’s Basketball WNBA Podcast, host Ben Dull is joined by Sabreena Merchant of High Post Hoops and The Athletic to break down Tuesday’s lone game on the WNBA schedule between the Washington Mystics and the Los Angeles Sparks.
Topics discussed in the episode include:
- Candace Parker’s season debut, returning from a preseason hamstring injury
- L.A.’s new starting lineup featuring Parker, Nneka Ogwumike, Chiney Ogwumike, Chelsea Gray and Tierra Ruffin-Pratt
- big scoring performances from Ariel Atkins and Shatori Walker-Kimbrough
- the interesting matchups on both ends at play when the Sparks use this big lineup
- Sparks struggling to get matched up in transition and the Mystics making them pay with their spacing and 3-point shooting
- LaToya Sanders making plays defensively with her outstanding effort and length
- spacing concerns for the Sparks and which combinations may work better moving forward
- thoughts on Kalani Brown in this matchup
- Sydney Wiese responding to coming off the bench
- the need for the Sparks to find more touches for Nneka Ogwumike
The Locked On Women’s Basketball Podcast also produced team-by-team season previews with local experts, which can be found
You can subscribe to the Locked on Women’s Basketball Podcast on your podcast player of choice for more in-depth coverage throughout the season.
Love our 24/7 women’s basketball coverage? Join our Patreon now and support this work, while getting extra goodies and subscriber-only content for yourself.