Mystics pull away late, impact of the Jessica Shepard injury
In the latest episodes of the Locked On Women’s Basketball WNBA Podcast, host Ben Dull is joined by Jenn Hatfield of High Post Hoops and Her Hoop Stats to discuss Sunday’s game between the Dallas Wings and the Washington Mystics.
Topics discussed in the episode include:
- a Sunday win for the Washington Mystics over the Dallas Wings
- the physicality and versatility of the Dallas frontcourt making things tough on Washington
- an early look at the Mystics without Emma Meesseman
- Natasha Cloud, Kristi Toliver starting the season strong and splitting the point guard duties
- impressions of Shatori Walker-Kimbrough’s chance at a spot in the rotation
- Aerial Powers and Tianna Hawkins giving the Mystics a big lift off the bench
- Washington signing guard Shey Peddy with Meesseman and Kim Mestdagh away to prepare for and compete at EuroBasket
Also covered in the episode:
- a Friday win for the Indiana Fever over the Wings
- more promising moments for Kelsey Mitchell after the slow shooting start to the season
- Indiana’s strong start to the second half and ability to combat some of Dallas’ switching defense
- impressions of Teaira McCowan’s foul trouble in 10 minutes played
- subtle signs of growth as a pairing from the Natalie Achonwa-Candice Dupree frontcourt
- what to watch for with the Minnesota Lynx with Sunday’s news confirming that rookie forward Jessica Shepard (ACL) will miss the remainder of the season
The Locked On Women’s Basketball Podcast also produced team-by-team season previews with local experts, which can be found
You can subscribe to the Locked on Women’s Basketball Podcast on your podcast player of choice for more in-depth coverage throughout the season.
Love our 24/7 women’s basketball coverage? Join our Patreon now and support this work, while getting extra goodies and subscriber-only content for yourself.