Checking in with the Sparks after a road win over the Liberty
In the latest episodes of the Locked On Women’s Basketball WNBA Podcast, host Ben Dull is joined by Mirjam Swanson of the Southern California News Group to break down the Tuesday road win for the Los Angeles Sparks over the New York Liberty and share some early-season observations on L.A.’s roster.
Topics discussed in the episode include:
- Chelsea Gray’s clutch performance in crunch time
- Derek Fisher’s lineups and rotations
- the absences of Candace Parker (hamstring), Maria Vadeeva (EuroBasket) and Alana Beard (leg)
- Ashley Walker re-joining the team
- Sydney Wiese getting a chance in year three
- Kalani Brown’s opportunity to get more minutes
- early notes on Alexis Jones and Marina Mabrey
- Riquna Williams’ upcoming hearing
- the team’s rematch with the Sun and Chiney Ogwumike’s first game back in Connecticut after defeating them days prior in L.A.
The Sparks play the Sun on Thursday in Connecticut. The Liberty will return to action on Friday as they host the Washington Mystics.
The Locked On Women’s Basketball Podcast also produced team-by-team season previews with local experts, which can be found all in one place.
You can subscribe to the Locked on Women’s Basketball Podcast on your podcast player of choice for more in-depth coverage throughout the season.
Love our 24/7 women’s basketball coverage? Join our Patreon now and support this work, while getting extra goodies and subscriber-only content for yourself.