Lynx improve to 2-0 plus some early-season things to watch for
In the latest episodes of the Locked On Women’s Basketball WNBA Podcast, host Ben Dull is joined by Lyndsey D’Arcangelo of The Athletic to break down Wednesday’s lone game in the WNBA, Storm at Lynx before diving into three players, teams or trends that each will be watching closely early in the season.
Topics discussed in the episode include:
- early impressions of Napheesa Collier and Jessica Shepard
- the rough shooting night for Jewell Loyd
- Seattle’s follow up to a big win in their opener over the Phoenix Mercury
- excitement for Liz Cambage’s debut with the Las Vegas Aces
- the importance of Alexis Jones and her skillset with the Los Angeles Sparks
- the Chicago Sky and who may rise out of the bottom three from last year’s standings
- Nia Coffey finding a home with the Atlanta Dream
Odyssey Sims led the way for the Lynx Wednesday, scoring 15 points on 6-of-12 shooting to go with four rebounds and five assists. Seattle forward Natasha Howard scored a game-high 18 points on 8-of-15 shooting in 29 minutes. Damiris Dantas, Lexie Brown and Jessica Shepard also scored in double figures for the Lynx.
The Locked On Women’s Basketball Podcast also produced team-by-team season previews with local experts, which can be found all in one place.
You can subscribe to the Locked on Women’s Basketball Podcast on your podcast player of choice for more in-depth coverage throughout the season.
Love our 24/7 women’s basketball coverage? Join our Patreon now and support this work, while getting extra goodies and subscriber-only content for yourself.