No Stewie, no Bird, no AC, no problem in Seattle’s opener
In the latest episodes of the Locked On Women’s Basketball WNBA Podcast, host Ben Dull is joined by Alex Coffey of The Athletic Seattle to discuss all things Seattle Storm following their season-opening win over the Phoenix Mercury.
Topics discussed in the episode include:
- the season-opening win over the Phoenix Mercury
- the team’s upcoming road stretch
- Jewell Loyd and Jordin Canada carrying a much bigger scoring load in 2019
- Natasha Howard’s confidence and comfort level taking on more responsibility up front
- updates on Sue Bird, Alysha Clark and Dan Hughes
- Gary Kloppenburg dialing up the team’s pressure on defense
- the team’s early impressions of rookie Anriel Howard and more
The Storm play seven of their next eight games on the road, starting with Wednesday’s game (8 ET, CBS Sports Network) in Minnesota against the Lynx. The Storm will then host the Lynx six days later in Seattle after swings through Atlanta and Chicago.
The next four games after that home date with the Lynx—all on the road—will each be broadcast with one of the league’s streaming/television partners. That stretch wraps up on Sunday, June 16 as the Connecticut Sun host the Storm at 3:30 ET on ABC.
The Locked On Women’s Basketball Podcast also produced team-by-team season previews with local experts, which can be found all in one place here.
You can subscribe to the Locked on Women’s Basketball Podcast on your podcast player of choice for more in-depth coverage throughout the season.
Love our 24/7 women’s basketball coverage? Join our Patreon now and support this work, while getting extra goodies and subscriber-only content for yourself.