Connecticut aims to get over the single-elimination hump
In the latest episode of the Locked On Women’s Basketball Podcast, host Ben Dull is joined by David Siegel of the Connecticut SunCast to preview the upcoming season for the Connecticut Sun.
This episode is the third in a team-by-team season preview series leading up to the start of the 2019 WNBA regular season.
Topics covered in this episode include:
- David’s reaction to the team’s back-to-back single-elimination playoff losses at the hands of the Phoenix Mercury and where this team currently sits in the league’s hierarchy
- the potential continuity advantage for the Sun from the start of the season and how that can help them get out to a hot start in pursuit of a top-two playoff seed
- assessing the importance and growth of the Alyssa Thomas-Jonquel Jones frontcourt
- the Chiney Ogwumike trade
- what to watch for on the floor from key reserves this season—Layshia Clarendon, Rachel Banham, Bria Holmes, Morgan Tuck, Kristine Anigwe, Brionna Jones
- the battle for the final roster spot(s), namely featuring 2019 second-round picks Natisha Hiedeman and Bridget Carleton
- the toughest potential playoff matchup for the Sun and what needs to happen for Connecticut to get over that hump and into a series
The Sun kick off the regular season on Saturday, May 25 at home against the Washington Mystics. The game will be streamed live on Twitter.
Love our 24/7 women’s basketball coverage? Join our Patreon now and support this work, while getting extra goodies and subscriber-only content for yourself.