Another win for Morgan Bertsch.
UC Davis’ Morgan Bertsch was named the Big West Player of the Week for games played last week. It is the fourth time this season Bertsch has taken home the honors, and the seventh time in her career that she’s won the award.
In the Aggies two games last week, both victories, Bertsch averaged 27.0 points per game, 5.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists, and 2.5 blocks. She shot 63 percent from the field and 94.4 percent from the free throw line. She also shot a perfect 3-3 from the three-point line.
Against Cal State Fullerton, a 75-51 win for UC Davis, Bertsch put up 25 points on 69.2 percent shooting from the field, seven rebounds, three assists, four steals, two blocked shots, and shot 6-7 from the free-throw line.
More from NCAA
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, April 6: Stanford defeats Arizona in a tightly contested matchup to win the national title
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, March 30: UConn and Baylor deliver a classic battle of storied programs
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, March 26: Louisville and Texas A&M survive and advance
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, March 23: Highlights from the first round of the NCAA Tournament
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, March 16: Tournament bracket released
She followed that up with 29 points on 57.1 percent shooting from the field, three rebounds, five assists, three blocked shots, 2-2 shooting from the three-point line, and 11-11 shooting from the free-throw line in the Aggies 80-57 win over UC Irvine.
The wins marked six consecutive games for Bertsch with 20 or more points. Her perfect 11-for-11 from the free-throw line against UC Irvine set a UC Davis single game record.
Bertsch has been one of the most dominant players in the Big West this season. She is averaging 24.6 points per game which is good enough for fourth in the nation. She is shooting 49.2 percent from the field, and although she does not take many shots from the outside, her 52.4 percent shooting from three-point range ranks 11th in the country.
She’s shooting 82.5 percent from the free-throw line. She also pulling down 5.8 rebounds per game. While she’s only averaging 1.4 assists per game, Bertsch is a willing passer and solid playmaker at her position.
The Aggies will continue conference play this week as they travel to CSUN on Thursday night.