Houston Sophomore Guard Jasmyne Harris is the AAC Player of the Week with Temple’s Mia Davis earning Freshman honors.
Prior to the start of the season, Houston Head Coach Ronald Hughey called Harris the “ultimate competitor and an assassin on the basketball court.” She averaged 19 points per game over the last week including a 32-point, 11-rebound performance in a win over Texas State. Harris’ play has helped her team start the season with a 7-2 record just behind USF and UConn in the AAC standings.
This week marks the second time this season that Davis has been named Freshman of the Week. She averaged 14 points and 10 rebounds in Temple victories over Saint Joseph and Harvard.
Weekly Honor Roll
- Shanice Johnson, Cincinnati senior forward, averaged 14 points and 8.7 rebounds in three games
- Kia Nurse, UConn senior guard, set a school record for consecutive made 3pt-shots, made critical baskets in helping UConn beat Notre Dame
- Mariah Jespersen, USF senior forward, scored 25 points and 13 rebounds in a win over George Washington
- Tanaya Atkinson, Temple senior guard, helped lead Temple to a 2-0 week by averaging 25.5 points and 12 rebounds
- Kolby Morgan, Tulane senior guard, averaged 22.5 points and 4.5 rebounds while shooting 50% from the field and behind the arc.