A power five conference, and likely the most powerful of them, the Atlantic Coast Conference occupies five spots in the 2017-18 Top 25 preseason polls. Notre Dame, Louisville and Duke are comfortably in the upper half (with several polls listing all three in the top 10). Florida State and Virginia have also been considered among the elite.
More from ACC
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, November 9: Emma Meesseman tests positive for COVID-19
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, November 2: Shakeup in the ACC with Bollin commit, UNC retool
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, October 19: NCAA shakes up schedules, not scholarships
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, October 5: Seattle Storm take 2-0 Finals lead
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, September 10: Dream are (mathematically) stayin’ alive
According to theacc.com, 46 starters are expected to return this season. Of the 46, six All-ACC and eight members of the All-ACC Freshman team are coming back for another year of play.
And the future is bright: five McDonald’s All-Americans and six of the top 20 espnW HoopGurlz recruits will take the court for the first time in November on an ACC team.
So how will it all shake out? Read on for team-by-team projections.