The Big 12 has seen some of the most talented women’s basketball players over the years. Although Baylor held the reigns for many years, the 2016-2017 season had a different ending. The sixth-seeded West Virginia Mountaineers were able to defeat the Bears 77-66 to claim their first ever Phillips 66 Big 12 championship trophy. Baylor, ranked second in the country, won the Big 12 conference with a 17-1 record, but were not able to grab the tournament title.
More from Big 12
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, November 2: Shakeup in the ACC with Bollin commit, UNC retool
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, October 21: Former Texas Tech coach Stollings files lawsuit
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, August 9: Taurasi to play again, but when?
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, August 4: Wubble Trouble for the Liberty
- Baylor adds UCLA transfer Jaden Owens
This season, there is a new contender in the mix. The Texas Longhorns have a great opportunity to claim the crown, but of course, every team will put up a great fight. This is how we see the season playing out.
-Shooting percentages are all rounded to nearest number
-Transfers are only listed in the ‘newcomers’ section if they are eligible to play this season
-Stats are based on last season