It’s South Carolina’s to lose, but expect surprises
More from 2019-20 Season Previews
- 2019-20 Big East preview: DePaul still on top, Seton Hall rises
- 2019 Atlantic 10 preview: Team-by-team breakdown
- ACC: News and notes on every women’s basketball team for 2019-20 season
- Big West 2019-20 season preview: another new champion?
- 2019-2020 Patriot League preview: Can Bucknell hold onto the top spot?
The 2019-20 college basketball season is nearly here, and we’ll be putting out previews of each conference here at High Post Hoops in anticipation.
While the Gamecocks were predicted to win the conference by media, Texas A&M was picked by coaches. Mississippi State is still elite. Kentucky can fight for the crown. We could even have a surprise midway through (Arkansas).
The SEC is always physical and competitive from top to bottom, and this year it should be even more so. So even outside of the top seven, expect more growth (Auburn, Ole Miss) and parity. Because while the title should come down to South Carolina and Texas A&M, it isn’t written in stone.
Now, a look at the top half of the league.