It’s South Carolina’s to lose, but expect surprises
More from NCAA
- Women’s Basketball, September 17: NCAA Hoops to start Nov. 25
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, September 14: Mystics are going dancing
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, September 10: Dream are (mathematically) stayin’ alive
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, August 24: The Seattle Storm look vulnerable
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, August 18: Sun, Mystics make a share of moves
The 2019-20 college basketball season is nearly here, and we’ll be putting out previews of each conference here at High Post Hoops in anticipation.
While the Gamecocks were predicted to win the conference by media, Texas A&M was picked by coaches. Mississippi State is still elite. Kentucky can fight for the crown. We could even have a surprise midway through (Arkansas).
The SEC is always physical and competitive from top to bottom, and this year it should be even more so. So even outside of the top seven, expect more growth (Auburn, Ole Miss) and parity. Because while the title should come down to South Carolina and Texas A&M, it isn’t written in stone.
Now, a look at the top half of the league.