Oklahoma head coach and Women’s Basketball Hall of Famer Sherri Coale joins host Howard Megdal to discuss the compelling case the Sooners have for an NCAA bid.
More from Big 12
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, November 2: Shakeup in the ACC with Bollin commit, UNC retool
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, October 21: Former Texas Tech coach Stollings files lawsuit
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, August 9: Taurasi to play again, but when?
- Your Day in Women’s Basketball, August 4: Wubble Trouble for the Liberty
- Baylor adds UCLA transfer Jaden Owens
The top line is deceiving: despite an overall mark of 16-14, the Sooners are 11-7 in the Big 12, played the second-toughest schedule in the nation, and own wins over tournament teams like Belmont, West Virginia and South Florida. The two break down precisely how Coale schedules, why she does it, and how it impacts her team.
There is also ample WNBA Draft talk, with Coale providing insight into how both guard Gabby Ortiz and center Vionise Pierre-Louis can help teams at the next level. Notably, Pierre-Louis turned into an exceptional passer. Coale explains how it all happened.
Then Megdal is joined by Sarah Sommer, basketball writer at The Summitt and D3Hoops.com. Sommer is a high school and lower-division expert, and breaks down the local royals, from Jeff Jasper’s Pascack Valley program to the current run from Old Tappan. Sommer also previews the Montclair State Sweet 16 game, a difficult mission—traveling to Amherst to face the defending champions.
If you enjoy the podcast, don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review us on ITunes or your podcast consumption app of choice!